Marine Safety Products
Orion is the largest manufacturer and distributor of marine visual distress signals in the United States. Orion is the leading provider of marine safety and signal products for the recreational and commercial boater. With a marine heritage that dates back nearly 50 years, we have decades of experience in designing and manufacturing the world’s safest, brightest, most effective emergency marine signals and other safety products.
We offer a complete line of United States Coast Guard approved day and nighttime signals. Our aerial and hand-held flares are engineered to burn brighter and longer than the USCG requires. Our SOLAS (Safety Of Life At Sea) approved signal products meet all international signal standards.
What’s your need?
To view the comprehensive selection of products we offer for marine safety and signaling, click on the categories below:
Orion quality in every product we make ...
- All Orion products are manufactured to meet and exceed the strictest quality specifications.
- Every batch of marine aerial flares and hand-held flares is tested internally … and by USCG-certified independent laboratories, for candlepower and burn time.
- Our aerial flare launchers are specially designed for use with Orion® aerial flares only, and carry a lifetime warranty, if Orion® flares are used.
- Each aerial flare launcher is test-fired to assure proper operation.
Did you know...?
- A portion of the proceeds from the sale of Orion marine safety products supports the education efforts of the National Safe Boating Council. As the official distress signals of the NSBC, our signals are used in training by the NSBC’s safety instructors.
- Orion also supports the education and training conducted by the U.S. Power Squadrons and the USCG Auxiliary by providing training product and educational training materials.
Brighter, longer, safer performance
- All Orion® Marine flares exceed USCG requirements for burn time and candela.
- All Orion® Marine aerial and hand-held flares are approved for day and night use.