Coastal Alert/Locate Plus Signal Kit in Hard, Floating Case
Our most popular kit is now even better with the addition of the hard case and an extra smoke flare. This is the perfect kit for any Inland or Coastal boater because it contains aerial, handheld, and smoke signaling devices.
1 12-Gauge Safety Launcher – corrosion resistant with lifetime warranty, bandolier that can hold up to 6 high-performance signals, and hammer safety lock.
4 12-Gauge High Performance Red Aerial Flares – USCG approved day or nighttime signal, altitude up to 500 feet, brightness up to 16,000 candela, burn time up to 7 seconds each.
4 Handheld Red Signal Flares – USCG approved day or nighttime signal, brightness up to 700 candela, burn time up to 3 minutes each.
2 Handheld Orange Smoke Signals – USCG approved daytime signal, burn time up to 1 minute each.
ORION Safety Manual – Contains important safety warnings, use, storage, and inspection instructions for the Orion signal launcher and flares (aerial and handheld). Please read the enclosed Safety Manual carefully before using or storing signaling products and retain for future reference. View Safety Manual.
1 Storage Case – heavy-duty plastic construction, water-resistant, floats, oversized to allow for more signals, high visibility international orange.
Packed in 4-Color Chipboard Sleeve
Item Number: 544
Weight: 7.6 lbs each
Dimensions: 4.5 x 14 x 13
Packages Per Carton: 2
Dot Class: 1.4G UN0353
Net Explosive Weight: 487 grams per kit
Ex Number: EX2004110274
WARNINGS / CAUTIONS
- Aerial and handheld flares are for outdoor emergency signaling only. These are not toys, misuse can result in death/serious injury. Signal launchers launch burning flares at high velocity. Handheld flares produce hot flame and/or dense smoke.
- Keep out of reach of children. Keep away from heat, sparks, and open flames.
- Never point a launcher at a person, animal, or anything flammable.
- Never store or carry launcher loaded. Do not load the launcher until immediately prior to use.
- Do not use where prohibited by law. It is illegal to ignite/fire distress signals in a non-distress situation.
- These products are not intended to be used as weapons and, if used for any purpose other than emergency marine signaling, may subject users to civil or criminal action including under local firearms laws.
- Store aerial and handheld flares onboard undercover in a secure, safe, dry place.
- Read and follow all instructions carefully.
IMPORTANT NOTICE – Orion USCG Approved signals are produced and independently tested to the specifications provided by the Code of Federal Regulation (CFR) 46, Part 160. Signal performance, however, can be negatively impacted if such signals are not stored properly. They must be stored undercover in a secure, safe, dry location on your boat and should be removed during long periods of boat storage. All signals and launchers should be inspected at least once annually for damage caused by exposure to moisture or mishandling.