Lake Boat Day-Night Signal Kit
Designed for use on all boats operating in non-regulated waters.*
1 Orange Handheld Smoke Signal – U.S. Coast Guard approved daytime signal. Burn time up to 1 minute.
1 Red Handheld Flare – U.S. Coast Guard approved daytime signal. Burn time up to 3 minutes, brightness up to 700 candela, waterproof and windproof.
1 Safety Whistle with Lanyard – sound measured at 116 dB at 1 meter. Pealess design won’t freeze, high visibility orange plastic construction.
Packaged in plastic carton with hang tag.
Item Number: 536
Weight: 1 lb.
Dimensions: 3 x 11 x 1.5
Packages Per Carton: 6
Dot Class: 1.4G UN0403
Net Explosive Weight: — grams per pack
Ex Number: EX2004110275
*Kit does not meet U.S. Coast Guard Emergency Signal Requirements. The individual signals contained in the kit are USCG approved but not in sufficient quantity to meet USCG carriage requirements for regulated waters.
WARNINGS / CAUTIONS
- Aerial and handheld flares are for outdoor emergency signaling only. These are not toys, misuse can result in death/serious injury. Signal launchers launch burning flares at high velocity. Handheld flares produce hot flame and/or dense smoke.
- Keep out of reach of children. Keep away from heat, sparks, and open flames.
- Never point a launcher at a person, animal, or anything flammable.
- Never store or carry launcher loaded. Do not load the launcher until immediately prior to use.
- Do not use where prohibited by law. It is illegal to ignite/fire distress signals in a non-distress situation.
- These products are not intended to be used as weapons and, if used for any purpose other than emergency marine signaling, may subject users to civil or criminal action including under local firearms laws.
- Store aerial and handheld flares onboard undercover in a secure, safe, dry place.
- Read and follow all instructions carefully.
IMPORTANT NOTICE – Orion USCG Approved signals are produced and independently tested to the specifications provided by the Code of Federal Regulation (CFR) 46, Part 160. Signal performance, however, can be negatively impacted if such signals are not stored properly. They must be stored undercover in a secure, safe, dry location on your boat and should be removed during long periods of boat storage. All signals and launchers should be inspected at least once annually for damage caused by exposure to moisture or mishandling.